Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Like Bacon for Wine

I'm the Forrest Gump of wine. I'm a bit slow in this department but am lucky enough to enjoy some very nice bottles now and again - sometimes by accident. Today in the Dining In, Dining Out section of the NY Times, Eric Asimov's, The Pour, talks about "an obscure red grape like teroldego." In an effort to school myself I read on and then get to the part that says:

"Not to treasure a wine like teroldego is like asking why anyone cares about culatello or guanciale when we already have boiled ham and bacon."

It made me laugh because it sounded like something Frasier Crane would say and I had no bloody idea what culatello or guanciale were. I have since learned but I can't help but wonder if a Teroldego wine would go well with a ham sandwich and a side of bacon.

And that's all I got to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment