Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On the Books: MAD HUNGRY!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cookbook: Mad Hungry: Feeding Men & Boys! Ms. Quinn knows of what she speaks and every recipe I've tried has been a big hit at home. My family gave it to me for Xmas and I've been digging into it ever since. I'm slowly making my way through the book and hitting all the recipes they flagged first.

I'm very picky about cookbooks and I like the way it's laid out, the writing, the anecdotes, the photography, the side notes... the whole enchilada. (There's a recipe for that.)

Favorite dishes so far:

Pork Chops with Apples & Onions - I'm not usually crazy about fruity meat combos but this is AWESOME.

Baked Chicken with Honey-Whole-Grain Mustard Glaze - Usually anything with "mustard" in the recipe is frowned upon by my kids but they actually liked it.

Vinegar Glossed Chicken - This one's easy-breezy despite the mess I made browning the chicken via superhot skillet.

Next up are the Man Crepes, the Chocolate Eclairs, and Chicken Parmesan. I like Ms. Quinn's style and just started following the Mad Hungry blog. Looking forward to more good eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment